Monday, August 15, 2011

That's the way the world goes round

Good day. Not much to say for those of you who humor me by reading my blog. Except I have a good many thank-you's.

It has been one of those summers to forget. I am happy that I can sit down at my desk, type a bit, process more and listen to some music. To the elders and the congregation here at COTR, you are all awesome. I serve a great congregation. PR and Suzanne, thank you as well for your prayers and support. In addition, my early morning coffee dudes! You are all awesome. And especially to my wife, without whom I do not believe I  would have the ability to see the forest for the trees.

Sometimes life takes twists and turns that we are either unprepared for or we just simply do not wish to walk to roads that present themselves. Yet, off we must go onto paths we would rather leave untrod. God leads, trains and lifts up his children, and he uses those around us to remind us of important things. Along those same paths we wish to stay away from, we find that by stepping onto them some of the greatest lessons can be found. I have taken some of those lessons, stored them in my heart and will draw from them as I move forward.

In the midst of two funerals and at last count 7 road trips throughout NE, life goes on. Planning for Elevate youth happens this evening, and the young adult group has begun to form. We are looking at Paul's letter to the Ephesian church. I will use this blog as a means of facilitating that conversation beyond our weekly meeting. I am excited to see what this new "year" (school year) brings to life. Time marches on and life happens. We can grab it by the reigns and with the help of God set out on that faith journey marked out for us. OR we can sit back and let the winds of change take us to the wherever stop-off. One turns into a life well lived, while the other is a life lost in the valley of entropy.

Me, I want to take all I have learned these few months, apply it, learn from it and seek the LORD more. Why? Because letting the currents of the river take you where ever and then complaining about where you landed is quite silly. I would rather steer the boat, let the LORD give direction and land right where he says to. As the world continues to go round, what is your assignment in the midst of the goings on in your life? I challenge you to dig in, pray and then act. Make changes where they need to be made. Focus on the one who solves problems and not the one who causes them.

Life is like Fangorn forest. The trees are so thick sometimes that no light gets in. Bilbo didn't complain, he climbed to where the light was and found where he needed to go. Yup, a Hobbit reference. I'm a nerd.

Many blessings to you all and I pray that I will be solid enough to return again tomorrow: Same bat time same bat channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment